Algorithms and Data Structures III
3 Credits Format: lecture Level: undergraduate
Description: Object-oriented design: UML notation; non-linear data structures: trees, graphs; advanced problem analysis; advanced sorting and searching; advanced graphical user interfaces; advanced input/output.
- Reinforce and expand on the material of CSC 1051 and CSC 1052, with an even stronger emphasis on object-oriented design, graphical user interface development, and student-centered problem analysis.
- Establish an understanding of advanced sorting algorithms, including quick sort and merge sort.
- Establish an understanding of non-linear data structures, including the specification and implementations of trees and graphs.
Coordinator: Dr. Dan Joyce
Prerequisites: (CSC 1052 or ECE 2620) and CSC 1300
- Computer Science Major
- Computer Science Minor
- Information Science Major
- Computer Engineering Major
- Information Science Minor