3 Credits Format: lecture Level: undergraduate
Description: Management and production of software systems; the software life cycle; software design techniques and methodologies; participation in a team software development project.
- Survey the discipline of software engineering, including development processes, life-cycle models, quality issues, requirements analysis, design techniques, testing, and project management.
- Provide experience as a team member of a medium-scale software development project, focusing on requirements elicitation, specification, and design.
- Study and practice oral and written communication skills with respect to software development projects.
- Explore modern software development tools.
- Gain a strong enough foundation in Software Engineering that it could lead to a career.
Coordinator: Dr. Dan Joyce
Prerequisites: CSC 1052
- Computer Science Major
- Information Science Major
- Information Systems Major
- Computer Engineering Major
- Computer Science Minor
- Information Science Minor