Currently, there are approximately 30 full-time and 160 part-time students enrolled in the graduate programs supported by the Department of Computing Sciences. The majority are working in high-tech fields near Villanova, though there is a wide range of backgrounds because many students enroll for the purpose of changing fields.
There are several avenues of information available to you to learn about our programs:
- Below are descriptions of our MS in Computer Science, MS in Software Engineering, Certificates, and integrated BS/MS programs. Follow the links provided in each section to learn more about prerequisites, requirements, and guidelines for applications.
- You can visit the web pages of the Office of Graduate Studies in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at www.gradartsci.villanova.edu to request additional information, view application deadlines or to begin your online application.
- You can use these links to Start Your On-Line Application or to Request More Information.
- Read our Latest Brochure.
- Contact Dr. Vijay Gehlot, the Program Director, at email@example.com or 610-519-7310 to discuss your interest in doing graduate work.
MS in Computer Science
This program leads to a Master of Science (MS) degree in Computer Science. It provides expertise in applied and basic computing through its course offerings in computer systems, theory, languages, and algorithms. It is designed to prepare students for a career as a computing professional, though some students go on to pursue a Ph.D. degree at another university.
MS in Software Engineering
This program leads to a Master of Science (MS) degree in Software Engineering. It prepares students for either a career in software engineering or for advanced study in the field. In addition to providing the practical knowledge and experience needed to specify, design, develop, and maintain today's software systems, the program includes the theoretical knowledge that informs the practice.
BS/MS Integrated Programs
While still pursuing their undergraduate work at Villanova, qualified students can enroll in the BS/MS Integrated programs, which allows a Computer Science major to earn a Master of Science (MS) degree in either Computer Science or in Software Engineering with only one additional year of study.
BIS/MS Integrated Program
Part time students who are working on a BIS (Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies) in Information Systems can extend their studies to earn a Masters in Software Engineering.