CSC 1300: Discrete Structures
Mathematical concepts that support computer science: sets, functions, relations, combinatorics, recurrences, boolean logic, mathematical proofs, matrices, graphs and trees.
- Understand sets, functions and relations.
- Understand sequences, summations and recurrence relations.
- Understand and use elementary combinatorics.
- Understand and apply mathematical reasoning to matrices, graphs and trees.
- Demonstrate ability to follow logical arguments including those using mathematical induction.
There are no prerequisites for this course.