CSC 2405: Computing Systems II
Processes, threads and concurrent programming. Scheduling and Dispatching. Linking and Relocating. Memory management. Virtual memory. System level I/O device management. File systems. Security and protection in depth. Real time and embedded systems. System performance evaluation.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of thread and process management and concurrency.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of virtual memory, physical memory and cache management.
- Understand basic operating system services through the implementation of medium-to-large application programs.
- Develop an ability to identify and analyze the needs and concerns of real-time systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of security risks faced by computer systems and security mechanisms designed to protect computer systems.