Students in the Department of Computing Sciences are encouraged to make the most of the following opportunities. Follow the links to learn more.
- Community Outreach
- is dedicated to various service projects happening in the department.
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- is a student chapter of the Association for Computing Machinery, an international organization of computing professionals. Our chapter hosts technical and social events for students and the general computing community.
- Upsilon Pi Epsilon (UPE)
- is the Villanova chapter of the international honor society for the computing and information disciplines.
- Alice Workshop
- The program is a part of the series of events held by the Girls Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Programming Teams
- competes in the ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest, also known as the "Battle of the Brains," which challenges students to solve real-world computer programming problems under a grueling, five-hour deadline.
- Student Travel
- Students who wish to attend conferences may be able to receive financial support for travel and conference costs.