Upsilon Pi Epsilon
The mission of UPE is to recognize academic excellence at both the undergraduate and graduate levels in the Computing and Information Disciplines.
Despite its comparative youth, Computing Science has had an unparalleled effect on almost every aspect of contemporary life. Indeed it is difficult to predict the ultimate place of the computer in our world. It is the express purpose of Upsilon Pi Epsilon to promote the Computing Sciences and to encourage its contribution to the enhancement of knowledge.
- recognizes academic excellence in the computing sciences.
- has chapters in various colleges and universities in North America and overseas.
- is the only honor society that is recognized by the ACM and the IEEE-CS.
- presents scholarship awards to active members.
- present scholarship awards to student members of the ACM and the IEEE-CS.
- presents cash awards to chapters who send representatives to its annual convention.
- presents cash awards and plaques to all participating teams at the ACM International Scholastic Programming Contest.
- presents scholarship awards on behalf of industry supporters of the association.
- presents the ABACUS Award - an annual award that is presented to the individual who, over several years, has provided extensive support and leadership for student-related activities in the computing sciences.
- Xiaojie Jiang, President
- Jillian Kramer, Vice President
- Kelly Gremban, Secretary
- Taylor Clifton, UPE President
- Stephen Garvin, UPE Vice-President
- Nakul Rathod, UPE Treasurer
- Victoria Suwardiman, UPE President
- Kurt Lehmer, UPE Vice-President
- Carmen Nigro, UPE Treasurer
- Alex Palkovic, UPE President
- Kory Kirk, UPE Vice-President
- Tara Srihari, UPE Treasurer
- Christopher Continanza, UPE President
- Reeti Kumar, UPE Vice President
- James Tate, UPE Treasurer
Most Recent Induction: All Inductions
13th induction: September 09, 2011