There are many reasons to study computing, and even more reasons to study computing at Villanova.
Villanova's excellent location and beautiful campus make it a wonderful place to live and learn. At Villanova you'll make friends and form professional bonds that will last the rest of your life.
Of course, the heart of the matter is your education, and our stellar academic reputation sets the stage for future success. Learn more about the Computer Science undergraduate and graduate academic programs. And don't leave before checking out the many unique opportunities available to our students, and visiting our research pages.
Do you have AP credit? Find out how your Advanced Placement test scores map to Villanova courses.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. We look forward to you joining us here at Villanova!
Did you know that at Villanova...
- Recent graduates are employed at Apple Computer, Cisco Systems, First Consulting Group, GlaxoSmithKline, Facebook, Google, Honeywell, Morgan Stanley, Paine Webber, QVC, Unisys, NSA, Grumman, Netscape, Towers Perrin, Vanguard, AT&T Government Systems, and Microsoft.
- Computer science majors can participate in a study abroad program in Rome with an internship at the Vatican.
- The opportunity to participate in the ViCS Scholarship Program. Scholarships worth up to $8,000 per year in addition to all other Villanova aid are available for majors with demonstrated financial need.
- Students can receive academic credit for computing internships.
- The computer science program is one of about 220 programs across the country that are accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, Inc.
- Student researchers work side by side with faculty members and are supported on their grants. Current projects include robot control systems for Mindstorms robots personalization techniques for web searches digital libraries and the semantic web, and real-time network reconfiguration and repair.
- Excellent students may enroll in the five-year BS/MS program in computer science, increasing their value in the eyes of potential employees.