While interviewing for a job may not seem to come naturally, there is much that can be done in advance to increase your effectiveness as a candidate. Some people believe that just being themselves is sufficient for successful job interviewing. However, you are participating in a highly competitive selection process, and preparation will give you an edge.
You need to know how to effectively sell yourself, communicate your skills and experience, and to portray yourself as a good fit for the organization. with the culture of the organization. Use the following resources as you prepare for upcoming interviews:
- Employee Qualities
- Employers are looking for these general qualities in a candidate.
- Interview Tips
- Follow these words of advice.
- Telephone Interviews
- Some insight on the purpose and strategies of interviews conducted over the telephone.
- Dining Etiquette
- Don't neglect these tips on dining with a potential employer.
- Salary Negotiations
- Learn the proper time and technique for discussing salaries.
- Thank You Letters
- Gives a few tips on this often overlooked step in the process.